Heal

Heal's support application

Application withdrawn. Too much staff already.

Username:

Heal

Time Played (full screen picture):

2 days - 6 hours

https://gyazo.com/bb0df6b758ca7076cbb5b5b109f8ca4b

Timezone:

UK time. (GMT)

Any outstanding infractions on your account?:

No.

How many hours are you able to do(day/week)?:  

I play some pretty erious hours. I go to university for 12 hours a week, and work 3 days a week too; but my job isn't demanding as it's my parents shop which I work at part time and play the server while i'm there. This is for  some extra money while i'm a student.

Any past experiences?:

I owned my own RSPS which was a 718 RSPS called Gamblerscape. I had 20 active players at all times and the server ran pretty smoothly. At the time I was at sixth form full time as well as a 24 hour contract job so my commitments to the server weren't as good as they could be hense why I decided to shut down. My co-owner and fellow-coder went behind my back and took a $100 donation directly to his paypal when all donations were used to put back into the server, so I didn't have anybody else to rely upon to run the server while I couldn't.

I've played runescape since 2006 so played many RSPS' inbetween then and now, so have been staff on too many to name. One of the big names I can mention is Project RS2006 which was 1,000+ playes online at all times. This was an oldschool server 317 which proceeded 2006scape when they shut down. This was a huge project, and I was very proud to be staff at the time.

Do you have Skype?:

I do but I prefer to use discord.

What is your strongest and weakest trait (personality)?:

My strongest trait, i'd say, would be my confidence and determination to succeed. My weakest trait would also be my determination at times; as I tend to beat myself up and get upset when I can't/struggle to achieve what I set out to do.

Strength:

As mentioned prior, my strengths are communication in the forms of writing and speaking, confidence, willingness to help others and see others succeed.

Weakness:  

Once again, my weaknesses are often my strenghts combined together. Sometimes I beat myself up when I can see the finish line, when sometimes the end goal is closer than I think.

What makes you think you'd be a good asset for us?: .

From my past experiences with RSPS', both owning them and moderating them, I understand servers needs. I understand that every new player is as important as every veteran, and I understand that every aspect needs to be as close to perfection as possible to keep new players at bay. Not only would I fulfill a role as a support staff member, but i'd also organise events and ensure everyone is having the best time possible; and that the events suit every type of player from PK'ers to PVMers and everything little and far inbetween. I am also a kind person, always looking to help and get on with every possible person as much as possible. I understand some personalities clash, and some people say things in the heat of the moment- but I understand that most of the time it isn't personal and it's extremely important to level things out asap if anything does occurr.

What five qualities do YOU think are necessary for support?:  

I've probably mentioned a lot of my best qualities already but here are the top 5 I can think of

- Experience with players and RSPS. As mentioned, i've moderated huge servers and owned my own.

- My willingness to help. Everyone who asks a question, whether some may view it as 'stupid' or not, I always try to help to the best of my ability.

- My ideas. Although this doesn't always directly link to the role i'm applying for. I have good ideas, once again stemming from past experiences, and also linking to my communication and confidence skills linking to event organising and more.

- My knowledge of the game. As mentioned i've played Runescape for many years, and understand every/most aspects of the game. I've had numerous quest capes on real RS, as well of playing servers ranging from 317s to 718s in my time, so am aware of most things so can be helpful in many ways to staff and players.

- Communication. I am currently studying for a degree in English & History in England, and therefore my knowledge of communication and language skills are exceptional. I also spent 3 years of my life working in customer-service jobs, and therefore know how to deal with different situations; sometimes ugly ones at that.

What do you hope to achieve in the long run?:

I know I have the potential to reach the heights, and I know this server has the potential too. Everything I have mentioned would make me, in my opinion, suitable for any role thrown at me. I understand rolls are filled; but I have knowledge in coding, managing, moderating, communicating and more. This means any role that becomes available, which may 'tickle my fancy', I'd probably be able to contribute in many ways.

Thanks for reading.

18 hours ago, Holemess122 said:

Imo you need more time on the server. You Are a Well known player and you Are Great to the players, But your experience on the server is not Great enough as of now, But you Are doing Good :)

My playtime is 4 days 12 hours now. Much more than Falcon etc (not that I have a problem with him at all :P). I've withdrawn my application for now anyway as I believe the staff ratio to players atm is high. Maybe i'll apply some other time and stand a better chance at the same time.

Thanks

Sure, as I said. It wasn't a dig on Falcon. I do spend a lot of the time bossing/chilled at home helping new players/gambling and skill when I feel like it. As I said, no dig at Falcon; he's good for the job- no doubt about that.