- Ranting; All negative threads and threads consisting of but not restricted to ranting/complaining are bound to the feedback section. Please post in the appropriate section.
- Threads directed towards other players; Posting threads directed at or about other players is strictly forbidden. This includes but is not restricted to threads to discuss a certain user/their behavior, threads targeting/insulting/slandering other users and any kind of derogatory threads. Please use Private Messages if you wish to give somebody a message.
- Trolls; A "troll" is someone who intentionally and persistently posts inflammatory messages about sensitive topics to bait users into responding or provoke a confrontation. The staff’s time is too valuable to be spent on trolls. If you’ve come here to troll and waste our time, then you will be disposed of. The staff has more important things to deal with and cannot be bothered to waste their time with you. This server and forum is to entertain and educate, not be a playground to kids.
- Inappropriate Content; I hope I do not need to put this on here but I will anyway, posting any sort of violent, pornographic, or offensive content is not permitted.
- Spamming; All unnecessary and irrelevant posts and topics is considered spamming, plain and simple. The rule is broken down into four parts. 1) Singles: Creating topics ANYWHERE with a single word, emoticon, or a strand of random numbers is considered spamming. 2) Grave-digging: When someone brings a “dead thread back to life” by posting on a very old thread. If this thread is more than 1 month (31 days), and a common thread (simple suggestions, feedback, rants, etc.) and someone decides to post on it, then it is grave-digging. 3) Bumping: Considered spamming in every section except “private” sections like Bug Reporting. It is simple, if your thread is good and should stay then other people will post relevant information and feedback on it. 4) Double posting on threads or making the same post in different boards is strictly prohibited and considered spam.
- Personal Information; Another rule I hope I don’t have to put out there but will anyway, posting anyone’s personal information without their permission is completely against the rules. Personal information is personal. This includes addresses (Home/Work/School/E-mail), phone numbers, pictures, videos, etc.
1. No offensive language
You may not insult a person or a group of people, whether this be in-game, on the forums or outside Scape-War. This applies to both public and private conversations.
2. No scamming or luring
You may not deceive a person in order to steal their items or abuse their trust through lies or false promises. If a person is found to scam an item from another person, they will get banned. Scams are always discovered through our extensive logging system, so don't even try. Luring is the act of making other people enter the wilderness, with the other party not being aware that they are at risk of losing their items when doing so. This is not allowed.
Regarding the duel arena, a player who actively scams another player in the duel arena will be sanctioned, provided there is valid evidence. Make sure you are aware of the staking criteria and are comfortable staking your wealth. Exceptions where this will be voided are "Giveback" situations. This is where one party has either disconnected or has been affected by latency issues. This will also require valid evidence since this is something a player should be aware of before staking. If a player force logs themselves in order to try and use the "Giveback" notion, their account will be banned for scamming.
3. No hacking
Nobody is allowed to access accounts without the authorization of the account holder, except administrators or staff members who have been authorized to do so by an administrator. Just like scamming, hacking an account is always discovered through our logs so it's pointless to try. Players who hacked an account will get banned.
4. No bug abuse
It is ilegal to share accounts with ANYONE this includes if you have the account holders permission to use the account. The reason this is being implimented is to avoid foul play within the wilderness or problems inlcuding transfering items that aren’t wanted to be given away and training stats that don’t want to be trained. It is also difficult for us to track account usage for security when more than one person has access to the account. We have full access to login logs so will be able to track this very easily, don't think you'll get away with it.